Consumers should be able to choose and use services with confidence. This includes having, at a minimum, convenient ways of contacting service providers, to obtain timely, effective, and fair resolution of issues. ComReg is concerned by the recent problems that customers are experiencing in contacting Virgin Media’s customer service by phone, and the time taken to resolve complaints.
What should Virgin Media complainants do?
Virgin Media customers who have complaints should contact Virgin Media using the following channels:
- Customer service - Freephone 1908
- WhatsApp – + 353 89 600016
- Online complaint form - https://www.virginmedia.ie/complaint
- By mail: Virgin Media Complaints Team, Virgin Media Ireland, Limerick Enterprise Development Park, Roxboro Road, Limerick
Customers whose complaint has not been sufficiently dealt with by Virgin Media within 10 working days should contact ComReg who will then contact Virgin Media on their behalf to resolve the complaint.
Customers who do not receive a complaint reference from Virgin Media within two working days may also contact ComReg.
ComReg’s contact details are set out below:
What ComReg is doing regarding Virgin Media Customer Service issues
|Telephone||01 8049668 for consumer queries
|01 8049707 for business consumer queries
|Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org for consumer queries
|email@example.com for business consumer queries
|Letter||Commission for Communications Regulation, One Dockland Central, Guild Street, Dublin, D01 E4X0
|Text||Text COMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply) to receive a call back
|Text ASKCOMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply) outlining the issue you need assistance with, and we will respond to you by text
|IMPORTANT – Please use keyword ASKCOMREG in all text messages, including replies
ComReg is engaging with the CEO of Virgin Media on a fortnightly meetings to monitor the impact of Virgin Media’s plan to remedy the situation.
ComReg’s Consumer Care team is actively engaged with Virgin Media’s customer service team to resolve complaints as soon as possible for those Virgin Media consumers who have contacted ComReg Consumer Care. ComReg is monitoring: -
- Virgin Media’s obligations in respect of its code of practice for complaints handling;
- its obligation to ensure that there are no disincentives to switching, no delays in terminating contracts or porting and its obligation not to overcharge customers.