Service Provider Codes of Practice and Complaints Procedures
The Regulations state that a service provider must have a code of practice for handling complaints.
A service provider’s code of practice should provide for the following:
- the first point of contact for complainants;
- a means of recording complaints;
- a time frame within which the service provider concerned shall respond to complaints;
- procedures for resolving complaints;
- appropriate cases where reimbursement of payments, and payments in settlement of losses incurred, will be made;
- the retention of records of complaints (for a period of not less than one year following the resolution of the complaint).