Table of Frequency Allocations
Under the Communications Regulation Act (2002) ComReg is obliged to publish a Radio Frequency Plan (“Plan”). The Radio Frequency Plan is comprised of a set of tables indicating the services to which each frequency band is allocated (“frequency allocations”) in the radio spectrum and is an essential tool for users of radio frequencies.
ComReg document 08/90R3 contains the Radio Frequency Plan at 23 December 2010. References to relevant radio spectrum information which have occurred since this date are provided below.
The tables in the Plan cover the frequency range from 9 kilohertz (kHz) to 1000 Gigahertz (GHz) divided into the following sections:
- 9 kHz to 27 500 kHz
- 27.5 MHz to 10 000 MHz
- 10 GHz to 1000 GHz
For each frequency band the types of radio services that are permitted for operation and those radio services that are currently in use in that band are detailed.
In addition, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Allocations applicable to Ireland and the associated European Common Allocation (from ERC Report 025) for each frequency band are outlined, along with applicable national and European legislation, relevant European Decisions and Recommendations and ComReg documentation.
The Radio Frequency Plan will be updated annually to facilitate the introduction of new radio services and to remove allocations for redundant radio services that have been phased out. Amendments will also be made to align the document to any new international agreements reached on spectrum utilisation, e.g. at World Radiocommunication Conferences (WRCs) of the ITU or within CEPT or the European Union.
LINKS TO OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
ComReg document 08/90R3 represents a ‘snap-shot’ of the radio frequency situation in Ireland as of 23 December 2010. However, changes to the frequency plan are made on an ongoing basis at both a national and international level.
To obtain references to relevant radio spectrum information which have occurred since the last update, users are advised to refer to the websites listed below.
Please note that web addresses are referenced here for convenience only. ComReg is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- All ComReg Publications are available to download from the ComReg website. The filter menu on this page allows you to search for relevant ComReg documents.
- Irish Legislation is available to download from the Irish Statute Book website.
- A list of European Commission Directives, Decisions and Recommendations relevant to Radio Spectrum is maintained at the European Commission’s Radio Spectrum Policy webpage.
- All CEPT ERC/ECC Decisions are available to download from the European Radiocommunications Office’s (ERO’s) CEPT ECC/ERC/ECTR Decisionswebpage.
- All CEPT Recommendations are available to download from the ERO’s CEPT ECC/ERC/ECTRA Recommendationswebpage.
- CEPT Agreements are available to download from ERO website, under the menu “Deliverables” choose “Agreements”.
- ITU documentation is available to download from the ITU-Radiocommunicationswebsite