The letter iAbout Comreg IconAbout PRS IconAbout PRSAuthorise Postal ProvidersAuthorise Postal Providers IconBase Station Location IconRadio Tower broadcasting wavesBilling Option IconShow more billing options for this planView this sectionA rightward arrowCode of Practice IconCode of PracticeA weighing scalesCompare Services IconCompetition Law Enforcement IconCompetition Law EnforcementPerson holding their hand up with a question markComplaints and Queries IconCompliance Enforcement IconCompliance EnforcementComreg Investigations IconComreg InvestigationsGroup of peopleConsumer Services IconComReg ConsumerTwo people speaking with a speech bubblesGovernment building with flagCorporate Governance IconCoverage Map of IrelandCoverage MapPerson wearing a headsetCustomer Service IconArrow pointing downDownloadE-licencingE-licencing IconErrorA red sign with a white exclamation markFacebookThe Facebook LogoTwo Speech bubblesFeedback IconSquiggly line Iconfive_eight_gz IconOpen PadlockFreedom Act IconFrequency Allocations IconFrequency AllocationsStampGeneral Authorisation IconLandline PhoneHome Phone IconIndustry Forms IconIndustry FormsComReg IndustryA tall buildingInternational IconInternationalLaptop computerInternet IconJargon Buster IconJargon BusterGavel hammer used in courtLegislation IconLicense Exceptions IconLicense ExceptionsLicensing IconRolled Certificate with RibbonLiecense Ammendments Permissions IconLiecense Ammendments PermissionsLinkedinThe LinkedIn Logo - this link will open in a new windowMarket Analysis IconMarket AnalysisMarket Information IconMarket InformationMegaphoneMobile PhoneMobile Phone Iconnav-home-iconnav-home-icon-bluenav-home-icon-greenA folded newspaperIndustry News IconA folded newspaperNews and Press IconNounSubmit a consumer query or complaintPhone BookNumbering Naming Addressing IconShow other information about planOther Information IconShow payment options for this planPayment Options IconPDF logoPDF fileLocation DevicePersonal Locator Beacon IconEnvelopePostal IconPostBoxPostal Authorisation IconEuro symbolPremium Rate IconTest Trail One IconTest Trail OnePrice Control Accounting IconPrice COntrol AccountingProductsProducts IconPRS Number IconPRS NumberBlank PagePublications IconRadio SpectrumRadio Spectrum IconRadio Tower broadcasting wavesIndustry Radio Spectrum IconRegulation Of An Post IconList with a tick markSignal wavesRSS FeedSpectrum Awards IconSpectrum AwardsSpectrum Compliance IconSpectrum ComplianceJigsaw pieceStrategy IconTips Advice IconTips AdviceShapeTwitterThe Twitter Logo - this link will open in a new window
Home / Nuacht / Nuacht Tomhaltóra / ComReg issues market report for Q3 2017

Please enter your email address below. If there are particular publication types or categories that you want to receive alerts for, please select them from the lists. If you do not select anything you will receive alerts for all publications.

Hold CTRL to select more than one

ComReg issues market report for Q3 2017

The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) today released its Quarterly Report on the Electronic Communications market for the period (1 July to 30 September) Q3 2017.

Fixed broadband subscriptions increased to 1.391 million, a 0.9% increase this quarter and were up by 3.6% compared to Q3 2016. The estimated household (fixed and mobile) broadband penetration rate at the end of Q3 was 86%, higher than the EU average of 83%, while the estimated household (fixed) broadband penetration rate at the end of Q3 2017 was 70.9%, up from 68.6% in Q3 2016.

Average fixed broadband speeds continue to increase. In Q3 2017 approximately 81.5% of all fixed broadband subscriptions were equal to or greater than 10Mbps up from 76.5% in Q3 2016. 70.5% of all fixed broadband subscriptions were equal to or greater than 30Mbps, up from 62.5% in Q3 2016.

Total voice traffic minutes decreased by 0.7% this quarter and were 3.6 lower than in Q3 2016. Mobile minutes form the majority of voice minutes at 77.5%, with fixed minutes representing the remaining 22.5%.  Mobile voice minutes decreased by 0.4% while fixed voice minutes decreased by 1.5% this quarter.

On a monthly basis an average mobile voice subscriber used 212 minutes (-0.8% annual decrease), sent 83 texts (-12.8 annual decrease) and used 4.5GB of data (+64.6% annual increase).

Of all mobile subscriptions 46.0% were actively using 4G Networks in Q3 2017, up from 38.4% in Q3 2016. Machine-to-machine (M2M) subscriptions increased to 788,953, a 21.8% annual increase and make up 13.2% of all mobile subscriptions in Q3 2017.

The full quarterly report for Q3 2017 – ComReg 17/108 is available on the ComReg website www.comreg.ie/publications

Related News

Latest News

Was this page helpful?

    Thank you for your feedback.
    Your feedback will help us improve this site.

      Thank you for your feedback.
      Your feedback will help us improve this site.