Introduction: Using your mobile phone abroad (roaming)
Most people use their mobile phones to keep in touch when going on holiday or travelling abroad. Using your phone like this is known as ‘roaming’ and includes:
- using social media like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- making calls
- sending texts
- sending emails.
It can be more expensive to use your mobile phone abroad, particularly outside the EU. The information we provide will show you how to:
- manage your roaming costs
- be aware of your rights as a consumer
- know what to do if there are any problems.
We deal with roaming:
- within the European Union (EU)
- outside the EU.
See our guide on roaming