Home / News / Industry News / ComReg issues electronic communications market report for Q4 2018

Please enter your email address below. If there are particular publication types or categories that you want to receive alerts for, please select them from the lists. If you do not select anything you will receive alerts for all publications.

Hold CTRL to select more than one

ComReg issues electronic communications market report for Q4 2018

The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) today released its Quarterly Key Data Report on the Electronic Communications market for the period (1 October to 31 December), Q4 2018.

Fixed broadband subscriptions increased to 1.430 million, a 0.8% increase this quarter and up 2.2% compared to Q4 2017. The estimated household fixed broadband penetration rate at the end of Q4 2018 was 68.5%, up from 68.4% in Q3 2018.

Average fixed broadband speeds continue to increase. In Q4 2018 approximately 87.4% of all fixed broadband subscriptions were equal to or greater than 10Mbps up from 84.2% in Q4 2017. Of all fixed broadband subscriptions 77.2% were equal to or greater than 30Mbps, up from 72.0% in Q4 2017.

Total voice traffic minutes increased by 0.7% this quarter but were 3.0% lower than in Q4 2017. Mobile minutes form the majority of voice minutes at 81%, with fixed minutes representing the remaining 19.0%. Mobile voice minutes increased by 2.5% while fixed voice minutes decreased by 6.2% this quarter.

On a monthly basis an average mobile voice subscriber used 213 minutes (-0.5% annual decrease), sent 70 texts (-16.3 annual decrease) and used 6.4GB of data (+28.7% annual increase).
Of all mobile subscriptions 50.8% were actively using 4G networks in Q4 2018, up from 47.2% in Q4 2017.

Machine-to-machine (M2M) subscriptions increased to 1,012,434, a 22.2% annual increase and made up 16.1% of all mobile subscriptions in Q4 2018.

Find the full report here.


Related News