During the third quarter of 2023 (July to September), ComReg’s consumer news and publications included the following.
We informed consumers about
- the designation of An Post as the universal postal service provider;
- the requirement for broadband speed information to be in your contract;
- using your mobile phone when you travel in or outside of the EU.
We advised consumers to
In terms of research and reports we
- published Q2 Consumer Care Statistics with details of issues raised by consumers who contacted ComReg’s Consumer Care team from 1 April to 30 June 2023;
- published results from our 2023 Broadband Connectivity Survey;
- published the latest report on Irish Text Relay Service usage.
We sought your views on
- the consultation on combatting scam calls/texts;
- call for inputs as part of a review of Service Provider Accessibility Requirements;
- a consultation on ComReg’s proposed postal strategy.
Our compliance work resulted in
- 48 retracting a contract change to shorten billing cycle;
- Three crediting 25,500 customers a total of €140,600 after a finding of non-compliance under its obligations with the Premium Rate Services (PRS) Code of Practice and the conditions of its PRS licences.