During the fourth quarter of 2023 (October to December), ComReg’s consumer news and publications included the following:
We informed consumers about
- some of the most important things to consider at the different stages of entering into a contract for phone or broadband services;
- pricing of phone and broadband services and finding a cheaper deal if a service provider increases its prices;
- the latest posting dates for Christmas delivery;
- the operating hours our Consumer Care team was available to offer advice and information over Christmas and New Year.
We advised consumers to
- visit ComReg’s PRS Checker if charged for an unexpected call or text;
- visit ComReg’s consumer tools to help choose the best mobile and broadband services on Black Friday and Cyber Monday;
- contact our Consumer Care team if you have an unresolved complaint about your phone or broadband service;
- continue to be vigilant against scams during the festive season.
In terms of research and reports we
- published a report on Irish Postal Deliveries data which shows the impact that the Covid-19 pandemic had on parcel deliveries;
- extended the deadline for submissions to the consultation on the review of Service Provider Accessibility Requirements and reminded consumers when that deadline was approaching;
- published Q3 Consumer Care Statistics with details of issues raised by consumers who contacted ComReg’s Consumer Care team from 1 July to 30 September 2023;
- published our Postal Strategy Statement 2024-2026 following a public consultation.