Thank you for your interest in working with us. We currently have one vacancy.
You can sign up for e-alerts for new roles here.
Telecoms Analyst, Wholesale Products
The Wholesale Products team is responsible for the oversight of the development and maintenance of Wholesale Regulated Access Products (RAP) in the context of eir’s compliance with its regulatory obligations. Currently the team comprises of 5 members. Wholesale products is one of a number of teams within the Wholesale Division. The team engages with Operators on issues arising from the development, supply and maintenance of Fixed Networks Next Generation Access (NGA) and Current Generation Access (CGA) RAP products and services.
The role involves detailed analysis of wholesale telecoms products and processes from a range of perspectives including process, regulatory compliance, systems, technical and market impact perspectives, all in support of the Wholesale Division’s objectives. These analyses are key inputs to ComReg decision making at both an Operational and Strategic level.
The successful candidate will support the analysis of regulated markets, including the preparation of ComReg consultations and provides support for ComReg’s regulatory compliance and governance.
- Managing and analysing regulatory issues relating to Wholesale RAP Products portfolios including NGA and CGA RAPs.
- Analysing, investigating and documenting RAP related issues as they are raised by industry or otherwise come to the attention of ComReg.
- Sharing knowledge with the wider Wholesale team on products issues
- Reviewing issues and making recommendations supported by detailed analysis.
- Engaging with industry in the area of RAP related product and process development and improvement through bilateral contacts and industry forums.
- Reviewing and documenting Wholesale Product processes.
- Providing advice and support to other regulators where practicable, on the basis of ComReg experience, through questionnaires, surveys, enquiries etc.
- Drafting and publishing consultations.
- Monitoring technology evolution as it pertains to regulated access products.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in a telecommunications related area or similar. However, candidates with demonstrably strong analytical skills, preferably in an engineering area, will also be considered.
- Work experience in a telecommunications operator, telco networks vendor or consultancy environment in a technical engineering role in core networking technologies.
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work pro-actively, balanced with an understanding of when and how to communicate and keep managers and stakeholders in the loop
- Experience of working in a process-based environment
- Previous experience of working successfully as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written communications skills, with experience of preparing accurate and persuasive documents for publication, or for diverse internal audiences.
- Experience in a regulatory role
- Knowledge of the current Electronic Communications Services (ECS) market, the European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) and developing trends.
- Practical project management experience.
- Experience in a drafting technical and/or process documentation.
- A practical hands-on approach to complex issues and deliver results in a diverse environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
Core Competencies & Skills for the Role
In addition to your technical qualifications and experience, you will bring professional competencies and skills in the following core areas:
- Analytical & Critical Thinking – Objectively analyses and evaluates information in order to identify patterns between situations that are not obviously related. Develops and clearly articulates solutions to complex problems.
- Decision Making & Judgement – Effectively builds evidence base to support the decision-making process. Assesses alternative options. Uses judgement to adapt to specific and challenging requirements of the organisation.
- Communicating & Influencing – Communicates clearly, confidently and respectfully. Engages, persuades and convinces others to follow a particular course of action. Ensures all relevant parties are appropriately updated and notified.
- Technical Knowledge & Continuous Improvement – Possesses a command over the technical and professional skills for a particular discipline. Keeps an open mind. Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement.
- Teamwork – Promotes and enhances team performance through working collaboratively and in cooperation with others to achieve goals. Interacts in a manner that builds respect and fosters trust
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you.
We offer an attractive package:
- Salary €53,762.29 to €74,247.39 * (Pay increases will be awarded annually subject to satisfactory performance)
- Dublin city centre location on Luas line and currently working remotely.
- 28 days Annual Leave per year
- Further Education and Training Opportunities
- Attractive pension scheme
- Travel tax saver scheme, Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
*(the starting salary for this role is at the entry point to the band. The rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy.)
How to Apply
Please send a comprehensive CV together with a short cover note- telling us what you can bring to the role – to our Careers team at email@example.com by 12 noon on 12th April, 2021.
Check out the Recruitment section of our Careers website if you have any questions or need further information about the role, the organisation or the recruitment process – /about/careers/recruitment-faq/