During the first quarter of 2023 (January to March), ComReg’s consumer news and publications included the following:
We informed consumers about
- their rights around receiving paper bills for Electronic Communications Services;
- ComReg’s publication of a best practice guide for businesses to help protect their customers from scam calls and messages; and
- how ComReg is tackling scam calls, with some helpful tips for the public and what businesses can do.
We advised consumers to
- download ComReg’s Mobile Coverage App; and
- update direct debit details when switching bank accounts from Ulster Bank and KBC banks.
In terms of research and reports we
- published Q4 Consumer Care Statistics with details of issues raised by consumers who contacted ComReg’s Consumer Care team from 1 October to 31 December 2022;
- published the Irish Text Relay Service (ITRS) Take-Up and Usage Statistics for the period July to December 2022;
- reminded consumers of the approaching deadline for submissions to a consultation on ComReg’s Electronic Communications Sector Strategy; and
- launched a consultation on the implementation of a Customer Charter for providers of internet and phone services and extended the deadline for submissions to that consultation until 3 May.
Our compliance work resulted in Three paying a fine due to breaches of the Roaming Regulation.